This week we’ve seen General Petraeus preside over these fiascos:
- The freakin WALL, a la the West Bank. Not a big seller with Arabs, people.
- Iraqs still being shot/blown/chopped to bits.
- Too many weapons floating around Iraq? BRING IN MORE WEAPONS
- Iraqis won’t sign up to fight for the American occupiers? Pay them billions.
- If the Iraqis desert, kill em.
- Too many soldiers dying in helicopter crashes? deploy the
faw down go boomOsprey to Iraq.
Yes, Henrietta, there’s more….
- You want security? Green Zone now under almost daily attack.
- Support the troops? Coalition casualties at all time high.
- Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis demonstrating against the US occupation.
- Now the Kurds are taking on the Turks; that’ll DEFINITELY HELP.
- Iraq governmental officials are getting assassinated.
- Not enough troops: Let’s extend tours to 15 months.
General Petraeus call this “modest progress.”
Pardon my choking spell; your metrics are showing, General.
Petraeus also made this absurd statement, in an attempt to lower the bar and be able to rename “failure” as “success”:
“I don’t think you’re ever going to get rid of all the car bombs,” Petraeus said. “Iraq is going to have to learn — as did, say, Northern Ireland — to live with some degree of sensational attacks.” A more realistic goal, he said, but one that has eluded U.S. and Iraqi forces, is to prevent bombers from causing “horrific damage.”
This is absolutely ridiculous. WTF… Over? Bomb attacks in Northern Ireland occurred perhaps every other month, often less frequently. About 3500 people were killed over a period of about 35 years; a hundred a year. It is not uncommon for that many Iraqis to be killed in a single day. Petraeus is babbling.
Gen. Sheehan, after rejecting the position of “War Czar” for the Bush misadministration:
…they don’t know where the hell they’re going….”
There is no strategy: It’s just a colossal FLAIL.
Harry Reid is right, and it doesn’t take any genius to see it.